Today we release support for Node-RED: a visual programming interface based on Node.js. With the help of Node-RED, you can connect your Beans to the internet and do a bunch of cool stuff:
- A mood light that shows the sentiment of your Twitter feed. Are the people tweeting to you happy, angry or neutral? The mood light will tell you all you need to know.
- A temperature warning system. Want to be sure that your summer house is staying warm during winter? Put a Bean and a Raspberry Pi in it and have it send you an email whenever the temperature goes under a specified threshold.
- Log Bean sensor data. Want do save all that accelerometer data in a CSV file on your computer? Node-RED has your back.
- Make Beans talk to Beans. Connect two or more Beans to Node-RED and have them chatter amongst themselves.
- ... and much more. Oh the possibilities!
Example "flow" for emailing a warning if the temperature exceeds a threshold.
Want to get started with the Bean?
Check out our getting started guide
Want to get started with Node-RED?
Check out our Node-RED
Want to send us some love and high fives?Tweet